Show Side Menu

Sickness Certificates

If you have an illness lasting seven days or less you do not require a doctor's sickness certificate.  Your employer may require you to complete a self-certification form called an SC2 which is available from the HMRC website or you can click on the link below to download a form.    

SC2 form

If you require a sick certificate during this self-certification period we are able to provide a private sick certificate but there is a fee payable for this service (please enquire at reception for the current fee payable).

If you are off work for more than seven days due to illness, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay) or other sickness benefit.

To request a sick certificate please speak to reception. Please note- it may take 48 hours to process the request and it may be necessary to have an appointment if we have not seen you recently regarding the illness. When you receive the certificate please make a note of the expiry date and if you require a further certificate request it in good time- the DWP only write once the existing certificate has expired and we are unable to provide "same day" sick certificates apart from in exceptional circumstances.

Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away! CosmeDocs
© Neighbourhood Direct Ltd 2018
9 Solent Road, London, NW6 1TP
Practice Website supplied by Oldroyd Publishing Group
Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away! CosmeDocs
Back to top